Color Outside the Lines
Facts and Figures from the Lily, Sarah, Grace Fund First Annual Gala:
Premier of the Book “You Can’t Memorize This”:
38 personal drawings by celebrities in the visual and performing arts
500 initial copies printed to sell at the campaign launch gala
· 2nd printing anticipated with additional drawings from other artists
Nearly half the books are already sold
Purchasing information is online, at: http://lsgshop.org
How many students could benefit?
Kickstarter funding: 21,000
Sales from all books = 45 stepping stone LSG project grants at $450 a piece.
Average class size in the U.S.: 25
If only one classroom benefits from each grant, a minimum of 1,125 students benefit from projects funded by the “You Can’t Memorize This” book.
(Most grant applicants teach multiple classes and propose projects for 1 stepping stone grant to benefit many students.)
The greatest amount of students served by 1 LSG stepping stone grant to date: 600 students
What else is in the book?
Drawings by Lily, Sarah and Grace on the front and back inside covers.
There are 3 sections in the book for each Badger girl:
Matt wrote his personal memories about each of his daughters:
He talks about Lily overcoming her fears
He recounts Sarah’s charisma and draw,
He recalls Grace’s absolute confidence
and shares about his love for the girls.
· Pippi Badger, fund-raiser extraordinaire (see “One for the Money”) wore a purple tulle frock, designer unknown.
· Sharpie provided personalized LSG markers for guests to color on the walls.
· Celebrity-art glazed sugar cookies were served next to hors d’oeuvres and an open bar.
· Rufus Wainwright, award-winning American-Canadian singer-songwriter, composer, who performed at the gala, also sang “Somewhere over the Rainbow” at Lily, Sarah and Grace’s funeral.
· The font used for the “Color outside the Lines” phrase on campaign materials is a font made from samples of Lily’s, Sarah’s and Grace’s own handwriting.